Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Welcome to my Blog

Hi! I'm Rosalie and this is my sewing blog. I'll talk and post my creations here but before I start I'll let you in on how I start my interest in sewing.


My enthusiasm to learn and make my own clothes started when I was just a little girl. I was about 9 or 10 years old when I made my first project. I successfully made a dress for my barbie doll which made me very happy. Actually my original plan was to make a dress for myself but I don't know how to and I don't want to disturb my mother. I also don't have any fabric to use so I secretly got my mother's blouse which is soft and cool to wear. I still remember that she got a bit mad at me because that was her favorite blouse and that  she only got three back then. My mother changed her mood when she saw what I have created and said that I have the potential at what I do. She just told me that next time I should ask her permission first before I go and ruin her blouse again and that she will give me pointers on how to sew.



Little by little I learned by means of observation. I used to watch my aunt, who is a dressmaker, while she was making clothes. I also asks her every now and then how she do her measurements. I never have any formal schooling or training. What I knew in sewing is all based on self study. I have my own codes of measurement and techniques on how I can build or sew anything that comes into my mind. Maybe because this is my talent.



As I grow up, my fondness in sewing never waned down, I just stopped for a while and focus on my studies. But still the enthusiasm that I will someday make my own dresses is still there.

When I went to college I took up Banking and Finance which is in every bit not related to sewing. But still, I find ways for my favorite hobby. Sometimes I make my own clothes and one of my favorites is a red mini wrap skirt.

It was my dream that the wedding dress that I will be wearing on that very special day will be my own creation. But alas, my mother-in-law insisted that she will just buy me one. But (again), it didn't stopped me from creating one although I didn't used it. I made the gowns that were worn by some of the brides maid and the flower girls. Our motif was maroon and the gowns all turned up well.

I stopped working when me and my husband planned to have a family. I focused on becoming a plain housewife and it was then that I thought that I could use my talent as a source of income. It might not be that big but I love sewing and I'm happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment